HB ISLAMABAD. In a suicide bombing of a teenager during the Friday prayer in a mosque in northwest Pakistan, at least 50 people have been killed. More than 70 other believers and passers-by were injured, said a spokesman. According to him, urged a 14 or 15 years, an old boy in the mosque and lit the explosives on his body. Private news channel reported more than 50 dead. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the deed.
In television pictures could see that from the mosque in the town of Darra Adam Khel 40 kilometers south of the provincial capital Peshawar remained only ruins remain. The force of the blast also damaged houses in the area. Rescue workers feared a rise in the number of casualties, many wounded as life is in danger.
Witnesses said the bomber had accomplices who were firing after the blast in the air and then disappeared.
In a similar attack during Friday prayers at a mosque in the region last month were three people killed and 20 others injured. The information minister of the province Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (formerly North-West Frontier Province), Mian Iftikhar Hussain said that after the recent action, the fight against the extremists would continue. "We are ready to bring more victims in this war against terrorism." The insurgents would be defeated in any case because they were wrong.